Wondering how to make your skin look younger? These simple tips can help you appear to turn back the clock and resist the impact of aging on your appearance. While facial skin gets the most attention, the neck and hands are also consistently visible, too, so be sure to include these areas at minimum when planning to perform these anti-aging techniques.
- Water. Drink plenty of water. The skin is the body’s largest organ, and it requires plenty of water to regenerate new skin cells every day. Dehydrated skin can appear dull and more wrinkled than skin that is well hydrated and nourished from the inside out.
- Vitamin E. This nutrient is known for its ability to help the body improve its hair, skin, and nails. Vitamin E can be taken in pill form and found where dietary supplements are sold. Or, foods such as vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, and green leafy vegetables are rich in Vitamin E naturally.
- Sunscreen. While the sun does give off natural Vitamin D necessary for calcium absorption and healthy mood, the sun also is known for its UV rays that can harm the skin and cause aging and even skin damage with overexposure. Facial sunscreens tend to be cleaner and still work well with makeup without leaving a greasy residue. Remember to also use a quality sunscreen on the neck and hands as well for a more youthful appearance year-round.
- Cover up. Sunglasses and hats can help to avoid squinting, which can cause deep wrinkles associated with older ages. Hats, in particular, can also help shade the face from the sun’s rays, helping to avoid burns and aging as well.
- Moisturizer. Not only can you hydrate with water from the inside out, but you can also hydrate from the outside in using a quality moisturizer, sometimes more commonly known as a wrinkle cream, that hydrates skin cells with a clean formula that does not clog pores. Noncomedogenic moisturizers are non-clogging and help the skin hydrate. In particular, wrinkle creams can offer an anti-inflammatory benefit, anti-oxidants to promote healing and regenerating skin cells, and alpha hydroxy acids to remove dull, dry, dead skin cells to reveal fresher, brighter skin underneath.
Applying a small amount of quality wrinkle cream every day can help promote the skin’s healthy regeneration of skin cells to promote the younger, healthier appearance of your facial skin. Supporting your wrinkle cream routine with healthy habits like drinking water and having a diet rich in Vitamin E can help make these improvements greater and longer lasting.